Monday, August 1, 2016

Season 9 Episode 3: Medicine Lake with Elder Long

Hello Family and Friends,

        Another great week with an amazing miracle. We committed someone to Baptism!! :) I am so excited for him. His name is Moses and I will talk more about him when I tell about the lesson.

Monday: We did a blitz exchange with the Andover Elders. I went with Elder Seng. They are both super new missionaries. Elder Foutz is from Mapleton and we know a lot of the same people. So that was cool! It was a good exchange we biked a lot and talked to quite a few people.

Tuesday: We had an amazing miracle. We taught Moses our new investigator who we just got referred to. He was so prepared for the Gospel! He got to Minnesota like 6 days ago. He is from Liberia and he told us he was praying that when he got here that he would go to the
church God wants him to. Of course Heavenly Father would lead him to us. The true church. We taught him the restoration and he loved it! We set a date for baptism for August 27th. I am so excited wow!!!

Wednesday: I went on exchanges with a new missionary. He came to medicine lake and we taught a few lessons. Nothing too amazing but it was a god exchange! I love new missionaries. He is from Cash Valley, UT. We played basketball that night and he was a baller it was a fun day.

Thursday: We had interviews with President Forbes. We had a lot to do. Every district had a district meeting and we had to set up a bunch of things for that! We did car inspections on every car in the Zone. I had a great interview with President. He is a great man and he gave lots of advice that I appreciate. Then I went on exchanges with the AP. Elder Morrow. He came to my area and all our appointments fell through. But something that was sweet, was we prayed with like 5 people on the street. We were just talking to everyone and I loved it!  He is a great missionary and I learned a lot from him. He played basketball at Wasatch High school and I figured out that we played each other so that was cool.

Friday: We accounted with all the district leaders and then did some weekly planning and then had another lesson with Moses. We had a great lesson, we went over the restoration again and showed him the short video of the first vision. He totally felt the spirit and I was so pumped about it! Great lesson. Then Elder Lowell and I the new missionary who is playing college ball went to a park where a bunch of Africans play every day Monday - Friday 6:00-9:00 and we played with them and it was so much fun. They talk so much trash it was so funny. 


Saturday: Really slow day.. Not a lot happened! We made a bunch of phone calls and it just was not the best day. At 4:00 I got a text asking if I could speak in church. The topic I got was "How Can I learn from Pioneers of the past to be a pioneer today" I was freaking out just cause I had so little time to prepare. But I was able to come up with something! We saw the man on the bench that I talked about a few weeks ago, I told him that I was speaking in church and I told him  it would mean a lot to me if he came.

Sunday: And he came to church for my talk. Tom, Moses, and a guy named Bob. All non members. It was awesome! I was super nervous for the talk, but it went well!! :) Then we had dinner at a recently returned mission presidents house. They invited Moses and we had an awesome dinner and short lesson with them. We had to bike a long way to get there so it was pretty much our whole night doing that.

Great week this week! Can't wait for the baptism!! I love you all, it means so much when I get emails and letters from you! Make this week awesome!!



Elder Morrow and Elder Anderson:



Mission Miracles:

Love, Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment