Monday, August 8, 2016

Season 9 Episode 4 Medicine Lake with Elder Long

Hello Family and Friends,

        We had a great week. We were on bikes everyday getting great exercise, it was really great!! Moses our investigator is amazing. August 20th is the day so just in a few days :) :) :)

Monday: We had a really great P day, almost all the elders in the zone went golfing at this super cheap course. It was a great time. I love the elders in the zone, it's really fun to all hang out on P days.

Tuesday: We went on exchanges with the Andover Elders. I went with Elder Foutz who is from Mapleton. We know a lot of the same people so that was cool! He is one of the new missionaries and he is super solid. I am excited to continue to serve around him. We biked around and talked to people and had a couple lessons. It was fun!

Wednesday: We did a lot of stop by's and going around trying to find people and we didn't have much success. We then went with a member in the evening to do more stop by's and taught a couple less actives. It as great. There is always a member in the Ward who knows everyone and he was that guy.

Thursday: It was a pretty slow day.. We helped a member get ready to move for a couple hours and then had dinner with them. That went well!! As we were riding back towards the church, Elder Long was like "hey elder anderson let's stop at this McDonald's I got to go to the bathroom." As soon as he said that the spirit told me that there was someone in their that I needed to talk to. I went and sat down somewhat next to thing Liberian family and started talking to them and shared the Book of Mormon with them and got their address and phone number it was awesome they seem super solid. They don't live in our area but we were able to give the address to the assigned missionaries. It was a wonderful experience. The spirit is so real and I am so grateful for the guidance it has as we come out and spread the gospel.

Friday: really long day.. Lots of planning and calling.. Not much happened honestly..

Saturday: This was such an amazing day! We had MLC in Bloomington. Elder Soares of the Presidency of the Seventy came and trained us for a couple of hours. It was incredible, let's just say there was not  any dry eyes in the room at the end. I have lots of notes and am grateful for his uplifting message. I loved the message so much that I thought I would go up to him afterwards and thank him, because how I felt that he was talking just to me. When I went up to him he said "Thank you Elder Anderson, I felt as if we were communicating throughout the meeting, I appreciate your spirit. Love you Brother." I will never forget that moment. He is from Brazil and President Forbes served his mission there. It was cool! Then later we had dinner at the Jones house, one of the members in the Ward. They invited Moses over and we had a wonderful dinner and lesson afterwards. During the lesson Moses was like " So once I am Baptized what to I have to do after that?" How awesome is that!! He is so prepared :) what a spiritual day!!

Sunday: We had church and we had 3 investigators at church which was great :) After church we had a lesson with Moses and before we had the lesson we asked him if his family in Liberia knew that he was getting baptized. This is what he said (in a African accent) "Right before you guys got here I was talking to my family and told them that I was getting baptized and they said " Ah man I wish we could be there to see you get baptized as well as all of us be baptized as well" We were so excited to hear that! We are going to send a referral to some missionaries in Liberia sometime this week! We taught him the Plan of Salvation and he loved it! Later in the evening we had an interesting experience we were biking home at 9:00 and we met this guy at an intersection and he was from Vietnam and had been here 3 months and was wondering who we were. So we introduced ourselves and he said "Where is your church building? I want to go there now!! " so we rode to the church with him and he got way mad at us because we didn't give him water and treat him like a guest I guess. We told him there were drinking fountains but he said those were gross and that he needed a water bottle. Then he asked for the prophets address so he could write him about it. Then we told him we don't know his address and he again got way ticked off at us, it was very interesting. Hahah I was so confused with everything that happened with him!!! 

We had a great week! Thank you guys for everything I appreciate the emails!

Elder Foutz from Mapleton:


Elder Richins is going home. Watch for him at shortstop at BYU!!


Mission Leadership Conference with Elder Soares:



Love, Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment