Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Season 9 Episode 2: Medicine Lake with Elder Long

Hi Family and Friends,

These past two weeks have been crazy. I left Red Wing two weeks ago and it was really sad. I love that place with all my heart! It's amazing how much you come to love the people that you serve. I have been transferred to an Area that covers bits of all these cities, Crystal, New Hope, Brooklyn Park and probably more. I am a zone leader with an Elder I served with in my first area of Thunder Bay Elder Long. He is from Alberta Canada. We have lots of fun together. I have loved being here so far! We have 11 companionship's in the zone and we also have 7 new missionaries. Which is the most in the mission. I have gotten to know them all a little bit in the short time that I have been here. Okay, now I will tell you a little bit about my week:

Monday: We had zone p day. We played Frisbee and Kickball for hours. It was very fun! It was just extremely hot outside. We also decided on our new Zone Focus for the transfer, which is Active Member Lessons/ Member Present lessons. So pretty much just working with the members to find new people to teach. I think that it will work very well in this zone and we will all work hard to accomplish this goal.

Tuesday: We had a district meeting with the Crystal district. We talked a lot about change. Change in ourselves, and change in our investigators. I was very uplifted by that! Then I went on exchanges with Elder Roberts. He is the district leader who also served in red wing. So we talked about a lot of the people there and it was really fun! Crystals area is downtown Minneapolis so that was fun. There was a lot of cops around to say the least. Something interesting that happened while we were on exchanges was we pulled up to a stop light and this guy was entering the intersection from our left and he was going like 55 MPH and he tried to make a turn right and smashed the pole you press to cross the road and it came flying in the air and smashed our car.. The dude just drives off as fast as he could so we couldn't get his license plate. But we get out of the car to see what happened. We didn't even have one dent on the car. It hit out bike rack. It could have gone right through our windshield if we were just a second or two later. SO our car was fine. But the car next to us got the side of her car smashed. So we stayed as witnesses of the accident. It was insane! We had a good amount of lessons and it was a very fun exchange! I got to see the Vikings new stadium which is freaking cool. I will send pictures once I download them off my camera. We also saw Target Field and Target Center. Downtown Minneapolis is super cool!!

Wednesday: We had another district meeting but to save miles we just went to the church and face-timed into the meeting. Then we mowed a members lawn and it was so hot and humid that day. This whole week was insane. We were on bikes this whole week too!! Later in the evening we played basketball at the church, a bunch of guys from Minneapolis came and a former Utah State basketball player was on my team. He was such a baller! 

Thursday: We had a 3rd district meeting but we just face timed in to save miles. Then we had a bunch of accounting calls. Then we did stuff on the computer about miles for the zone. Later in the evening we were biking around stopping by a bunch of people and no one was home. So just as we were leaving an apartment building this lady stopped us and told us that she had just moved here from Liberia and is a member of the church. We gave her the address to the church and she was so excited to come. It's crazy how the Lord puts us places for a reason. We might not have talked to anyone the whole night, but that was a huge success finding her.

Friday: We did zone service at FMSC (Feed my starving children) That was super fun. Then we did our weekly planning which was actually good. Then found this guy on a bench and taught him briefly and he wants us to come back. It was so sick! Then right after that we had a lesson with Bro Quay. Little did we know he was going to have a non member in the home. So Bro Quay taught the restoration to her with such power and conviction. It was amazing! I love that man! 

Saturday: It was raining very hard.. So we didn't do much! We made some phone calls earlier in the day. Then at night it was good weather. Our WML bro Gruber told us he would drive us around to see people so that was really nice. We drove by that man who we talked to the day before who is always on the bench. and guess what? He was reading the Book of Mormon. It was so amazing! We were so excited about that!! 

Sunday: We had a great service. A recently returned mission president and his wife spoke in our Ward. It was amazing! The spirit was so strong as they talked about their mission. Later we got a call from that lady that we had seen on Thursday that just moved here from Liberia. She told us she has two friends who want to be baptized. How amazing is that? We were so excited to hear that! We are meeting with them on Tuesday :)

Elder Long and I decided that every week we are going to make a video telling about a miracle that we saw this week and we can share it through ICloud on the Photos app. So if you want to be on the list for that let me know sometime this week and I will put you on there. I love being a missionary. I cant believe I hit my year mark this week! Time flies so fast. I hope you all are doing well! Love you all!!



Love, Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment