Monday, November 2, 2015

11-02-15 New Companion (Thunder Bay, Canada)

Hello Everyone!! This week was awesome! Me and Elder Adamson got to work as soon as he got here. He is really cool! He is from Riverton, UT and Elder Bettridge is from Cedar City, UT. They are both really cool and I am excited to work with them.

Tuesday: Me and Elder Long worked very hard on finding and we were pretty successful. We taught 3 Restorations and invited 2 to be baptized. But too bad those people we taught all are in the North area not the South area where I am.. :( Its okay though!

Wednesday: It was pouring rain and we did not have the car and the wind was blowing really hard so we decided to walk instead of bike. It was miserable. That night we taught 3 less active members and those all went well. Then at 11:30 that night the new Elders showed up, we helped them unpack and get all there stuff ready, so that was a very late night.

Thursday: Me and Elder Adamson were riding our bikes and since I am taking over the Area I know it and he does not at all. It was kinda weird being like the boss haha. But we were riding and I was ahead of him and all of the sudden I turn around and he is not there anymore, so I ride back and he is helping someone take there couch in there house. I thought that was so cool! I learned that I need to be looking for more service opportunities. Then that night we played basketball at the college with Bobby one of our investigators. It was really fun! We got a new investigator that we are teaching tonight from that night.

Friday:We planned like all day.. I do not like planning at all! But it is so essential in being effective missionaries! We still are not even done.

Saturday: Bro Jones in our ward asked if we would do some service with him at his friends house chopping and stacking wood. We did that for 6 hours and that was actually really fun, we are probably going to finish Saturday and maybe try to teach the family that we are helping. It was also Halloween! ( Yes they celebrate it in Canada ) We went out to eat with a less active member that we are working with. We ate at Mr. Stir Fry.

Sunday: We had church which was good. It is weird being the Oldest missionary here in Thunder Bay. Like all the members know me the best and that is just strange to me! We did a lot of finding and man recently I have just been physically beat we ride our bikes so much up and down hills and against the wind. But I mean it is fun sometimes, just hard.

Today: We watched Saratov Approach with a member, that was really good. I love that movie! We were going to go to the mall and get a few things but it is getting almost time to start working again.

I am doing well. I am getting used to being a missionary. I miss home a lot! But I am not thinking about it as much, so that is good. Elder Adamson is great! I am excited to be his companion. I love you all!
Thanks for all the emails, I love them so much.

Love,
Elder Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment