Monday, October 26, 2015

10-26-15 (Thunder Bay, Canada) Haunted Forest and Elder Adamson

Hello everyone! Transfers are this next week. Elder Hawkes and Elder Smith left last night. It was pretty sad. I love those guys, but I am also very excited to have a new companion. So me and Elder Long are here for a few days by ourselves while waiting for the two new missionaries coming up. My new companions name is Elder Adamson. I do not know anything about him, but he looks cool. Elder Longs new companions name is Elder Bettridge.

This is what happened the last week of Elder Hawkes mission.

Tuesday: Not too much happened because that was P day. That night I went on exchanges with Elder Lowe. He is one of the zone leaders and is super cool. He will be playing for BYU basketball next season.

Wednesday: Not too much happened this day either. We did some finding and did our Mormon.org time. Then we met with a less active that normally yells at missionaries and tells them to leave, but he was way nice and let us in. I plan to go there soon!

Thursday: I went again on exchanges with Elder Lowe just for the whole day this time. We did lots of finding and we found a young man named Joseph. We set up an appointment but he bailed.. But that was fun still. Me and Elder Lowe just talked about BYU and it was so much fun.

Friday: Elder Hawkes was packing most of the day and then later that night the YSA invited us to go to a Haunted Forest with them. It was so sick. It had this really cool story line. But I was scared out of my mind still.. hahah I guess cause I get scared easy. But it was really cool to do that.

Saturday: I helped Elder Hawkes finish his packing. Then a member called us and asked us if we would meet them at LakeHead University campus and he had a few questions. He is a student there and is really cool, a recent convert as of this past June. His girlfriend just left on her mission to Italy so he was having a tough time, but he is super cool! But later that night we went with a different member to eat at a place called MadHouse, it was pretty cool. They had some really cool music going. One of my favorite songs came on "Mr. Brightside" It just reminded me of the old times riding in the car with my friends.

Sunday: Elder Hawkes said all of his goodbyes to the ward. It was actually really sad! It made me realize how much I love some of the people in our ward here, and how it will be sad when I leave here. But Elder Hawkes is left and he will see his family on Wednesday and on Thursday he is going to a 21 Pilots concert ( Jealous.. ).

But I am very excited to work with Elder Adamson. He will be great! We are pulling a prank of a lifetime this week on them, I will explain it next week after it happens 😏

I love you all!

Love,
Elder Anderson

Elder Hawkes' and Elder Smith's last day here:



No comments:

Post a Comment