Monday, September 28, 2015

09-28-2015 Email from Elder Anderson (Thunder Bay, Canada)

Hello everyone. I can't believe that I have been out for two months now haha. This week wasn't too busy so..

Monday: We had mission conference and that was sooo good. I learned a lot from Elder Martino of the Seventy. He talked a lot about using members in the ward. I took a lot from that on how to get referrals and using them in our lessons. So I encourage all of you back home to be involved with the missionaries there.

Tuesday: We had Pday in Duluth. Duluth is sooo sick!! I love it so much. I hope I will eventually serve there. We went to the Mall for like 4 hours hahah I found some good deals on some shirts so that was cool. That night we ate at Buffalo Wild Wings. (My favorite place ever) I got the Big Jack Daddy Burger. It literally is the best burger. Even ask TNiel. Then after we ate there we drove like 4 hours and got home super late.. I hate driving haha, we do it so much.. But I was glad to be back at the house. We picked up the new Elder that is coming to Thunder Bay. Elder Long, he is Canadian and man is he proud. He tells us how crappy he thinks the US is and how amazing Canada is.. But I am not going to get into that haha. 

Wednesday: We went and did some service at this less actives house pulling some weeds and doing stuff in the yard. Then we got some bread and went to this lake where there is lots of Ducks and did some contacting there while we fed the ducks haha. Then on our bike ride home we saw a high school football game. So we decided to go and watch it for a minute. Man they are terrible haha. I feel bad for them.. Me and Elder Hawkes were just laughing the whole time.

Thursday:  Me and Elder Hawkes went to Shoppers Market and got some pictures printed out. Then we saw a guy named Matt. He is a super cool guy and really loves to talk. We weren't able to teach a lesson because he doesn't stop talking. But I believe that eventually he will listen and we will be able to teach him. He gave me a golf club (8 Iron ) and so I practice in the basement of our house hahah.

Friday: Well this day sucked because our water heater broke.. So we were showering in freezing cold water and we have tried to take care of it. But we keep calling the Land Lord and he won't respond so it is still cold. So we just have to deal with it hahah. It isn't that bad. I have gotten used to it. Then at night we played basketball at our  church. That is always super fun. I almost dunked it. I am working hard to be able to dunk it by the end of my mission haha.

Saturday: We woke up and decided to call a member and go shower at his house because we knew that he would let us. His name is Brian and he is like my favorite.  Other than that I cleaned and mopped the whole house. Oh wait.. then we found out our house is flooding and we had to rip out a ton of carpet hahah we are just not having the best luck with our house right now.

Sunday: We went to church and it was good. Then we went to Bishops house and had dinner and it is always the best food there. But I ate so much... I thought that I was going to puke at the dinner table. And we were there forever because Bishop and his wife told us the story of how they met and got married and man was that a long story haha.

Well I am doing well it is starting to get cold outside.. So I am going to buy my winter clothes sometime this week. But I love you all! Thanks for the Prayers. You guys are amazing.
I don't have Connor Andersson on this email, but someone tell him to look at this picture because this is his cousin

Love,
Elder Anderson


No comments:

Post a Comment