Monday, August 3, 2015

08-03-15 Email from Elder Anderson

Hey everyone! I can't believe I have almost been out two weeks. It has flown by wow! Every tuesday night we have a devotional, and me and my roommates had a long day, so we get to the devotional all tired and we ended up all falling asleep.. for the entire devotional. Little did we know after that we had a devotional review right after with our district! Our branch President, President Brady asked us all to bare testimony on what thought of the devotional. We all looked at each other and thought "CRAP" and i had to go first. So we all told him the truth and said we fell asleep and it was really awkward. But i just learned I need to be focused the entire time, during every lesson and devotional while i am here.  

I have had a tough week! I missed home a lot and thought about everything that i could be doing at home and just missing all of you! I was losing confidence as a missionary because me and Elder Richins lessons were not going very well.. I then came across a scripture in book of Ether. It is Ether 12:27, It says - "And if men come unto me I will show unto them their weakness. I give unto men weakness that they may be humble; and my grace is sufficient for all men that humble themselves before me; for if the humble themselves before me, and have faith in me, then will I make weak things become strong unto them." I read that and immediately was comforted. Ever since then I have been much happier and my lessons have been awesome! I never realized until i got here that all the answers are in the Scriptures. Personal study is one of my favorite parts of the day. You can really get so much out of it.

This week I taught two investigators. Ny is a girl and she is from Madagascar. She was super quiet during our lessons, so it was hard to teach her when we did not know if she was understanding what we were talking about. The second lesson went well until me and my Companion started baring testimony on the power of prayer and the Book of Mormon and she started laughing like super hard. We didn't really know how to act so we ended it quick and after that lesson I was actually super mad about the whole situation because she made us feel so stupid. The third lesson did not go well either because we both had a bad attitude from the last lesson. After that third lesson my companion had a thought that if we want to be successful missionaries we have to love our investigators. We have to make them feel of our love or else they won't want to hear our message. We hear here all the time that " We teach people, not lessons." So as soon as she felt of our love, our lessons went so well. The last lesson we committed her to Baptism. I felt so happy! I still will never understand why she was laughing at our testimonies because I felt the spirit so strong. 

This past week on wednesday I wanted to welcome one of my best friends Elder (Zak) Harrison. I saw him and his family pull up into the MTC and I could not stop smiling. It was so good to see him and his family! I see Elder Harrison around and we talk a little bit and it is just so fun to see someone from home :) Every Sunday night we have the opportunity to watch a movie (about Church obviously) Me and my roommates chose " Meet the Mormons" because none of them had seen it, and i told them how much i loved it. It got to the last story about the missionary leaving his family and his mom being a convert to the Church and we all just started crying and couldn't stop haha! We we are just saying how much we miss our Moms. It was the first time crying about home here in the MTC. But because all four of us were it wasn't as bad. 

I found out my Zone Leader is going to be a Dixie State baseball player. I also found out he brought his glove so that has been so much fun throwing the ball around the dorms. I will send a picture of me fielding a ground ball haha :) This morning i went through the Provo temple. It was such a good experience to go through another temple. Also it was nice to get outside the gates of the MTC. Because sometimes you feel like you are in prison here. The only difference between here, and prison is prison gets visitors ;) haha, I actually love it here! I thought i had a super strong testimony before i got here, but man has it grown each day. I leave Wednesday morning at 3:30am to Minnesota and i cannot wait! I would like to send handwritten letters and packages to you guys! So I would love for all of you to send me your Address. I will let you know what my mission home address is as soon as i know. I love you all! The Church is true.

Love, 
Elder Anderson




No comments:

Post a Comment