Monday, April 3, 2017

New Area with Elder Oldroyd

Hello Everyone,


      I apologize for not writing very recently. I have been very busy and it has been hard to get some time to write a good email. I don't even remember if I wrote since I got to my new area. Either way, I will just tell you. I am now serving in Bloomington which is just south of Minneapolis. I am serving with Elder Oldroyd one of my favorites. He and I were in the same MTC room together and to say we have fun would be an understatement. Just in the two weeks that I have been here I have had so much fun and so many things to do. President Forbes lives in Bloomington so we get to see him a lot and that has been really fun to be around him.

        The Bloomington ward is very solid, they love missionary work and do a lot of member missionary work. Elder Oldroyd and I have been praying that we will find a family to baptize this transfer which is really exciting. We have decided that we are going to tract 5 houses every single day and that sometime within the next couple of weeks we will find the family we want to baptize.

        Conference weekend! Oh my goodness! It was so amazing to be able to listen to our prophet, his counselors, and the apostles. What amazing talks! I felt the spirit very strong throughout the entire conference. Elder Costa gave an amazing talk that I am sure all missionaries loved because it was directed to all investigators that were watching. He was truly and answer to many prayers! I am so grateful that we have this opportunity every 6 months to be spiritually fed by these inspired servants of God. I encourage all of you to study out the talks again and apply things that you learned. We can all improve,repent, and change daily.

        I love this gospel! I love being a missionary more than anything. The Savior gave us everything he had, I want to be able to tell him that I gave him everything I had on my mission. Elder Oldroyd and I both have very motivating attitudes and are very excited about this work!

1. The car I am sitting in set a record by going 412MPH
2. Mall of America





No comments:

Post a Comment