Sunday, July 26, 2015

Setting Apart: July 21, 2015

On July 21, 2015 at 7:20 pm Taylor was set apart as a missionary for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. It was a very spiritual experience for all of us there. Most of our family was there to support Taylor and it was so neat to have everyone there. When they closed the door, the spirit was immediately there and very strong. They asked me to offer the opening prayer and then Bishop Simmons said a few words about Taylor. He talked about how humble Taylor is and how that will help him as he serves his mission. He was so sweet, genuine and kind and we appreciate his words so much. Then, President Hansbrow set Taylor apart as a missionary and gave him a very beautiful blessing. The words he spoke were directly from Heavenly Father and I know will help Taylor as he goes forth to serve. I felt so much gratitude and love for Taylor and I know others were feeling the same thing. After we got home, Jessi text me: "I seriously love Taylor as if he were my own. I could not believe how much love I felt for him tonight. He is such a special boy."






After the pictures, most of these family members had to tell him goodbye for 2 years. This was an emotional time for all of us. While it is hard to say goodbye, we are so proud and happy at what he is doing. We all love our special boy, Taylor. Well, I guess he is Elder Anderson now.

No comments:

Post a Comment