Monday, July 27, 2015

07-27-15 Email from Elder Taylor Anderson

Hi everyone! I have made it 5 days in the MTC. It has been incredible. I have learned so much just in a few days. The spirit is felt here almost all the time. My companion Elder Richins is awesome! He is from Hurricane UTAH. He played football there and is going to walk on at SUU when he gets home. I also stay with another companionship and we have been having so much fun together their names are Elder Oldroyd & Elder Glauser. Elder Oldroyd is from Fountain Green UT and Elder Glauser is from Mesa Arizona. Their testimonies and thoughts have helped me be a better missionary. 

 I have been teaching investigators everyday, and I will be honest at the first it was tough to get used to and i was a little bit down on myself. But I know that if i press forward and keep doing my best the Lord will bless me for it. Prayer has played such a big role here at the MTC. Heavenly Father really does answer our prayers, I know that he has answered mine. I have worked harder than I ever have in my life. We wake up at 6:30 everyday and by the time it gets to 10:30 we are all asleep. That really is a transition for me because before I got out here I would stay up every night until about 12:30 - 1:00 watching One Tree Hill haha. There are times I feel like I wanna go home and be with my family and friends cause I think it is too hard for me. But I have a good quote right next to my bed that a good friend Elder Benson Rhees gave me. It says "Forget Yourself and Get to Work." That seriously has been such motivation for me. We have learned here that what we are doing here is not for us at all. We are here to focus on our and investigators and like our purpose says " Invite others to come unto Christ." 

The food here is so good. But it is all you can eat and I love that. But when you only get 55 minutes to work out it kinda sucks because you think that you are getting fat haha. I played basketball the 3rd day and it was fun to finally get some exercise. You can only play half court so it does not get too competitive. Which is probably good for me, because I want to win in everything i do haha. I kinda got in trouble too. Because you are not supposed to touch the net, rim, or backboard and i smashed the backboard trying to make a Lebron James block and the supervisor got mad at me haha. I wasn't in trouble or anything but every other missionary that has been here for more than a week looked at me like i committed
a crime haha. I met this missionary who is from Chicago and his name is Elder Weaver III. He has this amazing story I wish i could tell you guys but I don't have enough time. But he is a convert and grew up without a Dad in his home. His testimony about the Gospel is just so cool to hear. He also is best friends with Jabari Parker the NBA player. So he told us all these stories about him and i even got to try on his warm up from a game. Elder Weaver III left today. It was actually sad even though i have known him for only 5 days i grew to love him, but i know he will be great.
I am running out of time, but i want you all to know that i am doing great and my love for this gospel is being strengthened each and everday. I have felt your prayers and support everyday. I love you all! I would love to hear back from each and every one of you. The Church is true. LESSGO

Love, 
Elder Anderson





No comments:

Post a Comment