Monday, July 10, 2017

Sleep Talking My Talk in Shoreview with Elder Burt

Hello Family and Friends,

        This week was a good one. We had exchanges with our zone leaders, I went with Elder Hedin and that was really fun! Elder Hedin played basketball at Lone Peak. It was really fun to be with him for the day, we biked around in the afternoon and we contacted this African man named Henry and he said when we taught him about the Book of Mormon" I want to read this from beginning to end, I love the word of God." Imagine that in a African accent. We set up and appointment with him for Saturday afternoon and we went to meet him at the bike trail we contacted him at and he wasn't there and we called him and I could not understand anything he was saying so we ended up not meeting with him again. We are going to text him so we understand what he is saying, he has the thickest accent. So hopefully he will respond to our texts! 

        Yesterday we gave out talks in church about the Book of Mormon and we had a youth speaker, Elder Burt and I giving talks. I was the closing speaker and both of our talks went really well! It was really awesome to be able to get a little more love/trust from the ward. Haha the night before the talk Elder Burt told me that I was giving my talk in my sleep and teaching about the Book of Mormon. Hahah I thought that was funny! Sunday during the evening, a man contacted us on the street and his name was Buzz he said " Hey you guys are mormon right? What makes you different from the rest of the christians?" So we taught him the restoration and it was sweet! He does not live in our area but hopefully he will read the Book of Mormon! We also contacted another man who was on a tricycle and he was super nice, he is 86 and his name is Charlie and we talked to him for about an hour and set up a time to come back this Wednesday.


        Earlier in the week we went tracting and we knocked into a Muslim man from Africa as well. He invited us in and we taught him a little bit  about the Book of Mormon and we set up a return appointment for tonight! We are pretty excited! He is a solid guy and hopefully we can have a great discussion about Jesus Christ and see how interested this man really is. I love the miracles we saw this week! It really is amazing being out talking to people and sharing the great news of the gospel with them!
        
My testimony of the Book of Mormon increased this week as I prepared my talk! It is true scripture and I feel very blessed to have the knowledge that I do! Jesus Christ is the savior and I am so grateful for the sacrifices he has made, as well as the better person I can become because of him! Thank you for your emails! I appreciate them!

Photos from the week
1) 4th of July Softball Game
2) a pig we found outside a fast food place



No comments:

Post a Comment